Joined: 23 Feb 2003
|Posted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:18 am Post subject: Priority of Ideas
|So now that the code is released, we as a community need to start by figuring out what to work on, who will work on it, and in what order. I suppose a ticket system would be useful in this aspect but I am not sure how much of a role gCode should play in this.
There is currently a list of project ideas out there. While it's a starting point, the next step would be to prioritize what we should get cracking on first.
Below are probably the most pressing issues. when thinking of things to do, there's either a "fix" or "improve" mentality and we need to ask "What is our end goal?" For instance, if we tweak the network code, that will allow us to implement better server-side checks and allow networked games on multiple platforms. But it will also alienate anyone that is not within 3,000 miles of the server (hi Elvis!)
* Implement WAC (WinBolo Anti-Cheat)
* Fix the network code, allowing clients on different platforms to work
* Tweak the physics so the game becomes more playable
* Get rid of some of the bugs (LGM stuck at 0,0; pillbug; deepsea where it shouldn't be)
* Get code working on multiple platforms. This requires removal of directX in Windows, I believe.
Opinions not wanted, but needed if this is to work.