MemberlistMemberlist

UsergroupsUsergroups
RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile

Community

Priority of Ideas

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sticks

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:18 am    Post subject: Priority of Ideas Reply with quote

So now that the code is released, we as a community need to start by figuring out what to work on, who will work on it, and in what order. I suppose a ticket system would be useful in this aspect but I am not sure how much of a role gCode should play in this.

There is currently a list of project ideas out there. While it's a starting point, the next step would be to prioritize what we should get cracking on first.

Below are probably the most pressing issues. when thinking of things to do, there's either a "fix" or "improve" mentality and we need to ask "What is our end goal?" For instance, if we tweak the network code, that will allow us to implement better server-side checks and allow networked games on multiple platforms. But it will also alienate anyone that is not within 3,000 miles of the server (hi Elvis!)

* Implement WAC (WinBolo Anti-Cheat)
* Fix the network code, allowing clients on different platforms to work
* Tweak the physics so the game becomes more playable
* Get rid of some of the bugs (LGM stuck at 0,0; pillbug; deepsea where it shouldn't be)
* Get code working on multiple platforms. This requires removal of directX in Windows, I believe.

Opinions not wanted, but needed if this is to work.
Elvis

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think adding some form of cheat prevention via "blessed" clients is the number one priority.

All other changes are secondary to that.

I like your list below and they are all good ideas.

I can see WinBolo moving in two directions. A "classic mode" where everything operates like bolo and a more modable version as well. (non deformable terrain etc)

It would be great if the one code base could support both and any mods outside of the classic version were downloaded to the clients as part of joining the game (similar to how the map downloads)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Winbolo.net Forum Index -> Development All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: