Either way, he is an annoying whiner with no life
45%
 45%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 20

derami

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:08 pm    Post subject: hrm Reply with quote

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g52/deramisan/facebeingahypocritetake1.jpg

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g52/deramisan/OMGNOTAGAIN.jpg

i wonder if it's a coincidence that the only 2 games, out of a half-dozen random logs that i happen to have logs of on my computer, have face on land first? EVEN in a game where i called, and me and another player started right next to him (one would think i'd have been on land first, no?) or could these be, perhaps, 2 of infinite example of you cheating? if i had known you were gonna start trying (laughably unsuccessfully) to smear me, i would have saved some of the other dozens of log files floating around in which you cheat or play cheap ...

well, you had your chance for a poll .... looks like your 'damning evidence' didn't overwhelm anyone. maybe i'll have better luck with my somewhat more subjective counter-poll. *shrug,* we'll see.

-= der

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Policy for #winbolo on irc.winbolo.us

The vision for the IRC Network is to be a tolerable place, in the spirit of Kax's post on WBN. Ė so tolerable that people enjoy coming and express themselves without feeling so constrained about having to be so careful to step on ops toes - whether it be the server op's toes, or whether it be an op on a bad day.

I feel that the less time an ops power is used, the better everyone feels. Because when someone uses ops, it doesn't just affect that person being the target, but it affects everyone who does not have ops because they don't have any power to protect themselves. Thus, we have to be very careful about the atmosphere we set in the channel with the way we use ops. To be a popular choice, instead of "we have to go there because we have no choice if we want to play winbolo" We must use ops in a very responsible manner, and be very respectable to people about it when we do use it.

Having said all that, we still need a basic commonsense policy so that the channel is open for discussion.

With that in mind, here is the list of kickable/bannable offenses from #winbolo:

* Flooding, by repeating the same line over and over, or pasting a bunch of lines to purposely cause a disruption (in example: pasting 20+ lines of text for reference when it doesn't interrupt a conversation is fine, but pasting 15 lines of text when other people are having a conversation not related to the text is NOT fine.) Operators are given some discretion to administer warnings, kicks & bans for 'gray area' flooding activity.
* Ruining games started on a bot connected to .us, which consists of the following:
1. 1) If you did not start the game (cause it be created by the server), then wait until teams are organized and everyone is ready before actually playing. Please be Patient. (Password-ed games only)
2. If someone asks you to leave (and you did not create the map), then leave without a fuss. Many times people organize games with set players, and then start a map to play that game. The person who started the map via the gamebot on IRC gets the final decision in how big the game is and who has to leave or can stay. (Password-ed games only)
3. NO HACKS ALLOWED (any game type)
4. Do not kill (shut down) a game in which other people are still playing. (Any game type)

Bans for game infractions can only be enacted on people who use IRC; itís totally useless to ban the IP of someone committing these offenses if they never come on IRC

* Rules concerning IRC commands and the game bots:
1. Do not start an excessive amount of maps in which you do not intend to play.
2. Do not repeatedly trigger a bots trademark response (Scripts such as, nycbotís bah or renbotís idiot script). (more then 3 times in 30 seconds is too much)
* Using a script that causes excessive repeating of stuff. The "Bah" for sheepbot is reasonable, the "gg" script isn't.
* Nick change flood. Excessive nick changes to purposefully flood the channel. (Nick changing though, even if a lot and it doesn't flood the channel is ok)
* Ban Walking

If you are an op, and you see someone committing one of the kickable/banable offense, instead of just kicking them outright, *first* /msg them a polite message that *respectfully*ask them to stop the behavior. If they refuse or ignore the request then proceed to kick them with the reason stated in the kick. If they come back and continue the behavior, then go ahead and kick-ban them for a period of time. The reason for a kick/ban is to always be stated, rather in the kick message or in the channel prior to the kick. The goal is to kick the least people possible, and in the event of kicking/banning people, to treat them with the *utmost respect possible*, no matter how rude they are.

Asking them to stop and kicking them is what we consider their warning. By all means use common sense here. If they should undoubtedly know better just kick them with the reason stated and post about the incident. If itís something minor, message them a polite message respectfully requesting they stop. We keep such detail info on the forum for the reason of going and looking to see if the person has been previously warned, kicked, etc over the same thing.

Please try to understand the vision for the channel and try to keep within it. Certainly a warning isnít required if thereís no doubt they know better, but this requires a judgment call and is so dynamic thereís no way to cover everything that will come about. If thereís a problem with the way you warned, kicked, or banned youíll surely hear about it.

When any of us perform a kick, or ban we require that person to post the log of the incident, a description of what happen from the ops point of view and a copy of the game log from WBN (if applicable) on the #winbolo-ops forum, more information on this posted here. The reason is still required in the kick message and/or in the channel before kicking/banning from the acting op.

The following can result in being banned from the IRC network:

* DoS (Denial of Service) Attacks on anyone (This includes ping flood, hang-up ping, nuking, etc)
* Abusing any of the winbolo.us services (including using nickserv to steal nicknames, and ghost kill their actual owners.)
* Any attempt of hacking the server or services.
* Extreme flooding, flooding to the point to cause the server or services problems (also considered a DoS attack)

On the subject of starting other channels -anyone can do it and set any rules they want - even rules such as "server ops are not allowed into this channel" are fine.

The following, as you noticed are not listed above, and are stuff that is NOT considered to be a kickable/bannable offense:

* Insulting someone, whether it is a non-op, op, or server op. (Ops should deal with stuff of a personal manner in the same way a user would, either ignoring them, defending yourself verbally, verbally attack back, laugh it off, etc. In other words, deal with the problem as a normal user would have to, not as an op has the ability to!)
* Having an argument with someone.
* Using Color
* Asking for ops and voice (unless it turns into a flood like behavior)

If there is a behavior that may annoy someone, but is not listed in the kickable/bannable list, then all an op (and non-op) can do is to please ask that person to stop. Sometimes, asking in a respectable manner via /msg without a hint of threat works wonders and helps a lot... Again, I stress the importance of letting people air their grievances and opinions without fear of retribution in the form of being kicked/banned!

In order to keep the spirit of respecting non-ops and fellow ops, the following are actions not allowed to be carried out by ops:

* kicking/banning for fun
* kicking/banning other ops
* kicking people because they insulted you
* putting the channel to a +m (* See exception below)
* devoicing someone a different op voiced
* op/voicing someone then removing it (the only exception is a mistake (this is scrutinized))
* oping another person thatís not normally an op (all authorized ops are on chanservís aop list, ops may op other ops if services are down. The channel admins are the only ones allowed to guest op.)
* Auto oping or voicing anyone. (chanserv takes care of this, if someone needs to be added to chanserv please contact sheeps or LRL)
* removing another op's ban (only channel admins/owner may do so in the most dire circumstances - i.e., the op hasn't been around for a while and the situation has been resolved, out of spirit with policy, etc)
* removing another opís op (-o) (only admins may remove an op from a user, and only for extreme circumstances (such as op abusing .us policy, bad script, etc))
* Threatening action against a non-op

OPís Breaking any part of this policy may be warned or have their OP status suspended or removed.

#winbolo admins are fi, LRL, sheeps and ud

* (the +m may only be used in extreme cases of a massive attack flood by multiple users)

Originally written by fi, edited by LRL, with credit to Kax for inspiring this policy.

Originally created on July23rd 2003

P.S. you can also look at the FAQ for IRC

Revised Dec 18th, 2005: The original policy can be found here (NO LONGER IN USE)

my point, did he get banned from #winbolo? becouse you'v proven that he did start before the go, now think about the consinqinziz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
derami

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

was he banned? not for these cases specifically. in fact, i kept these logs b/c of other specific reasons (like: face got walled in one, and my team played really well in the other, etc...). but when i saw his 'smear' post i went back to look and see if i couldn't find him doing something wrong, and, sure enough, it wasn't tough.

he has been banned recently for things like: idling in a strict game, being walled, then, after the game starts and teams are made without him, unlocking the game and rejoining, interfering, and refusing to leave. he also does things like: unallying his allies mid-game, then quitting, or shooting them, or shooting their lgms. if face had a ban for every time he did something slightly cheap it would look something like the 7 consecutive life sentences that terrorist dude just got,

from the look of these initial votes, it looks like 'yes' and 'whiner with no life' are going to be the tough competitors, with 'no' being a sad third-party candidate for the vote ...

-= der
kaiser

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi, im new to bolo .
F.U.B.A.R.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"playing cheap" is all it is, cheap. its not cheating. i wish u 2 would get drunk together, beat the piss out of eachother, and then make up.
(-_-)zzz

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please post links to log files for review. Posting images only is not sufficient.

> i would have saved some of the other dozens of log files
> floating around in which you cheat or play cheap ...

Please do, that way when asked for proof, you'll actually have something to backup your claims that I "cheat". I suppose you feel that way because I've beaten you 9 games in a row 1v1.

> well, you had your chance for a poll .... looks like your 'damning
> evidence' didn't overwhelm anyone.

A few people agreed with me. For those who didn't, they couldn't explain why you were 5 squares ahead of everyone else.
Nova

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(-_-)zzz wrote:
Please post links to log files for review. Posting images only is not sufficient.

> i would have saved some of the other dozens of log files
> floating around in which you cheat or play cheap ...

Please do, that way when asked for proof, you'll actually have something to backup your claims that I "cheat". I suppose you feel that way because I've beaten you 9 games in a row 1v1.

> well, you had your chance for a poll .... looks like your 'damning
> evidence' didn't overwhelm anyone.

A few people agreed with me. For those who didn't, they couldn't explain why you were 5 squares ahead of everyone else.

You should really stop fucking around and just re-name yourself "God's Gift to Winbolo."
nobody

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nova wrote:
You should really stop fucking around and just re-name yourself "God's Gift to Winbolo."

I thought Pinky was God's Gift to Winbolo Very Happy
Nova

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

She might be, were she ever around.
(-_-)zzz

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 1:02 pm    Post subject: Re: hrm Reply with quote

derami wrote:
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g52/deramisan/facebeingahypocritetake1.jpg

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g52/deramisan/OMGNOTAGAIN.jpg

As for the first image, I believe Brando said he got a popup just after the go was called.

As for the second image, you can kat both started slow. If you look closely in the event log, you'll see that Inuyashax had already captured a base.
(-_-)zzz

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 1:50 pm    Post subject: Re: hrm Reply with quote

The image derami posted only shows half the map. In order to see the truth, you have to see the whole map. Notice in the big picture that both MountainKing and Inuyashax both have captured their bases before derami and kat. Like I said, I clearly recall derami and kat started slow. I guess derami forgot to count the number of dots in his call, otherwise he could have gotten his amazing 5 square lead.

http://img337.imageshack.us/my.php?image=truth3ml.png
F.U.B.A.R.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha, didnt know i was in that game....wtf was i thinkin? im not even on land yet. also, who tha hell made the teams? i can guess who won that game.
nobody

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goddamn, you guys bitch over the most trivial things...omg he got a base 2 seconds before everyone else, he's going to pwn all. NO, he won't, only i pwn all. Besides, who gives a shit if he farms two trees before go, or jumps starts by a second, in anything more than a 1v1, that shit is pretty much meaningless. if these games were 1v1, id think id care a little m ore, but they aren't, they're team games. guess what i do in most of my 3v3's, i pwn all while my allies drive around aimlessly. They could have farmed until they were full before go, and that wouldnt matter cuz i would have pwned all before they even got a pill. thats how i roll. Now stfu. all of you. i pwn, you dont. winger sucks. knuckles sucks, flad <3, and im gonna marry pinky one day, but don't tell her yet, its a surprise.
nobody

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nova wrote:
She might be, were she ever around.

She was around one night, she said she misses you Cool
Nova

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pfff. She has my AIM but she never contacts me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Winbolo.net Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: