RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile

Community

WinBolo 1.16 Released
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
zet

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You sound like a lawyer, and also thats just my opinion... im talking about the lgm bug where you can't send your builder.. and the other ones are pillboxes that won't die/living dead pbs
jhood

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
In fact I did request a legacy option (1.15 physics) be integrated into 1.16 because I knew that it would alienate a lot of people and I felt that Winbolo had evolved into it's own game which people enjoyed, but instead I was just labelled a bitcher/whiner/preventing the development so I dropped my protest.

I offered to code up a module system that allowed players to spawn games with a predefined set of physics, under the condition that you'd help document everything so I wouldn't have to spend time writing code comments.

In the mean time, I am going bring some bots into one of the irc servers soon that will be able to spawn your choice of 1.15 or 1.16 games, much like sheepbot used to do.
Min

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zet wrote:
You sound like a lawyer, and also thats just my opinion... im talking about the lgm bug where you can't send your builder.. and the other ones are pillboxes that won't die/living dead pbs

Sounds like your talking about lag, pure and simple, if you lose contact with the server because you have a ridiculous ping time, you will experience these problems, lgm won't send, pillbox's won't die, etc. You can still refuel, but alot of other things just won't work. This means your connection is bad. Sorry, but no amount of coding will fix that. When your connection is restored, you'll eventually be able to do things again, but the bolo world will have to 'catchup', and it will be a bit weird.

Min
Nemokrad

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jhood wrote:

I offered to code up a module system that allowed players to spawn games with a predefined set of physics, under the condition that you'd help document everything so I wouldn't have to spend time writing code comments.
Oh yeah! When you pasted some code and I had to guess what it meant? That was fun.
zet

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure, but no time in that game are you getting your lgm to send after this lag happens. Usually thats enough to piss someone off. Razz
Sticks

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zet wrote:
Sure, but no time in that game are you getting your lgm to send after this lag happens. Usually thats enough to piss someone off. Razz

I believe the pillbugs should be fixed by having the server handle who has possesion of what pills rather than the client dictating that and sending the server an update.

That LGM bug might be a similar fix, not sure. I'll have to check some of the reasons why an LGM won't "send".
zet

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright cool, it could also just be bottie.. you never know
nobody

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to give my appreciation to those of you who worked on this version and those who are giving it some feed back to help out as well. It's great to see this game still get the love it deserves < 3 I haven't really had a chance to get to intense with any game of the new version but i look forward to the games as i slowly make my way back into it. Thanks again
Min

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to say, lancelot, you were correct, winbolo had a top speed problem. Its had it for a very long time now though, and the new acceleration code probably just made the issue more prevalent. On some terrain winbolo is as much as 17 percent slower than it should be. This is fixed in the code now, and will be part of 1.17 when we've completed the other things on 1.17's list.

Min
Nemokrad

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lancelot, you should come try 1.17 beta. The physics are totally different and the tank speed is faster along with other fixes.
Lancelot

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey glad to see a new version is in the offing with the speed adjustment. one of these days id love to try out the beta, been a little busy lately but as macarthur said "i shall return..."
Min

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lancelot wrote:
hey glad to see a new version is in the offing with the speed adjustment. one of these days id love to try out the beta, been a little busy lately but as macarthur said "i shall return..."

Yep, join irc.boloserver.com and checkout the topic to get the updated version, boloserver.com has a bot running the code off the subversion so we can do more detailed testing during development, rather than having you guys find the bugs for us once we do a release. The speed changes are definitely a noticeable improvement, its amazing how much of a difference one function truncating off some decimals can make.

Min
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Winbolo.net Forum Index -> Site News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: