MemberlistMemberlist

UsergroupsUsergroups
RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile

Community

WinBolo 1.17 Released

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Elvis

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:00 pm    Post subject: WinBolo 1.17 Released Reply with quote

WinBolo 1.17 is now available for download.

Full change list can be found on the Wiki.

Thanks to Min, jhood and Sticks who are largely responsible for all the code that have gone into this new version.
derami

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:59 am    Post subject: Bugz Reply with quote

Thanks for all your hard work. Bugs I'm still running into: (1) still can't see ammo/armor/mine/tree meter most of the time - flickers in and out but shows 'empty' on all four generally, (2) the 5 new keys for LGM settings, though they can be changed in theory, seem to revert each time Winbolo is opened/closed though my other key settings are saved. This just me? Also, (3) I've heard reports and seen first-hand some bugs around the 'half-fix' feature added in this version, including pills only being half-repaired despite a tank having sufficient trees to rebuild them entirely. (4) This is new - if you leave your tank auto-driving and try to mouse up and, say, pick someone from the Players menu to ally or send a message your cursor will kind of 'trail' because the tank is moving ... new to this version I am fairly sure since I'm used to multi-tasking while letting the tank drive across land or water. (5) The alliance-switching upgrade is great in theory, but it also means if your ally lets an arse onto the team you can't just leave them both behind ... but that's subjective, so not really a bug. Anyway, congrats all around guys ... a few quirks aside Smile
Nemokrad

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(3) You're a dumbass.
For the rest why don't you IM your buddy about it.
Sticks

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Bugz Reply with quote

derami wrote:
(2) the 5 new keys for LGM settings, though they can be changed in theory, seem to revert each time Winbolo is opened/closed though my other key settings are saved. This just me?

Possibly. I haven't had anyone else complain about it. Not sure if playing 1.16 then 1.17 then back to 1.16 would have any affect or not.

derami wrote:
(3) I've heard reports and seen first-hand some bugs around the 'half-fix' feature added in this version, including pills only being half-repaired despite a tank having sufficient trees to rebuild them entirely.

Pretty sure this is related to how many units of trees the LGM is carrying and the amount of damage a pill has when he is initially sent. Min should be able to provide a better explanation as he coded the fix.

derami wrote:
(4) This is new - if you leave your tank auto-driving and try to mouse up and, say, pick someone from the Players menu to ally or send a message your cursor will kind of 'trail' because the tank is moving ... new to this version I am fairly sure since I'm used to multi-tasking while letting the tank drive across land or water.

Maybe has to do with some of the other fixes applied for previous glitches. Really depends on the method used, what video card you run, your operating system, level of dx, etc.

Last edited by Sticks on Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Min

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The tree repair thing is simple, you can take up to 4 units of tree's in your lgm, each unit of tree will repair 4 units of pillbox damage. So if the pillbox is half dead (8 units gone) your lgm will take 2 tree units to repair it. If the pillbox takes more damage while the lgm is on route, it will only repair 8 units becuase it only took 2 tree units. Thus giving the appearance that you didn't repair it all the way even though you have 'sufficient' tree's. For your info, whenever you farm a tree, you farm 4 'units'.

So for example, if a pillbox is in a heavy pillwar, takes 7 units of damage, you repair it, you'll take 2 units of trees (enough to repair 8 units of pillbox damage) if it gets shot once more on route, it will still repair all the way, if it gets shot twice more, it will only repair 8 units.

Alot of people are going to confuse the normal behavior of repairing with 'bugs' until they fully understand how it works.

Min
bear

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting. I personally enjoy repairing with a spruce/fir mix.

Any chance an old school bolo trick will come back at some point?: An lgm goes to repair a dead pill, pill is swept prior to rebuild and you plant a mine, when lgm makes the repair..... KABOOM! Min lost his builder!!! Classic.

I can't snipe very well so the IED approach seems appropriate.
Sticks

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bear wrote:
Any chance an old school bolo trick will come back at some point?: An lgm goes to repair a dead pill, pill is swept prior to rebuild and you plant a mine, when lgm makes the repair..... KABOOM! Min lost his builder!!! Classic.

I'm not sure this was ever in Mac Bolo. I remember it fondly in WinBolo and could have used it numerous times before it was removed. Think it was removed more than a few versions ago, too lazy to look at the release notes right now.
Min

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bear wrote:

That feature was winbolo only, its been gone since 1.09 because macbolo doesn't have it. If you turn on hidden mines you can make lgms die when they plant/repair ontop of one of those.

Min
addbot

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey,.. Not sure if this has part to take in some of the renovations and upgrading you all are doing,..

But I've been unable to log into effnet lately,.... everytime I attempt to log in just as I always have going to http://chat.efnet.org/ inserting my name, and the channel #winbolo,... I get this error msg:

[22:32] *** Access Denied: Too many connections

Wondering if A.) anyone else has experienced this
B.) Someone could guide me to possibly whats wrong or the changes that have been made regarding such.

Thanks...

Addy
Min

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We don't control the efnet network addy, no idea why your having problems, they glined (banned) my entire ISP for all of yesterday. So I couldn't get on either.

Min
Nemokrad

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

www.mirc.com
addbot

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nemo lol.... a link to mirc, doesn't fix it for me,.. as I dont know the proper server and room info or cmds.... but thats ok, Thankfully Fubar hooked me up through Mibbit, and its functionality works for me...
Nemokrad

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...ask? Just keep in mind if you want to keep relying upon web clients they will be less reliable than a real irc client direct connection.
Min

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

connect to efnet, doesn't matter which server, then /join #winbolo.

Min
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Winbolo.net Forum Index -> Site News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: