MemberlistMemberlist

UsergroupsUsergroups
RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile

Community

WBN api?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Is there a need for this kind of tracker?
Yes
60%
 60%  [ 3 ]
No
40%
 40%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 5

Min

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

F.U.B.A.R. wrote:
take tank speed for instance. its slow now, lots dont like it, some do like it, and the rest ajust to the change.

this outcome has been forseen and since such an tiff has been brought up and players have quit because of this it "was" being changed correct?

Tank speed is fixed in the source. I changed the acceleration to match what it was supposed to be, but there was a bug in the code that made it come out wrong, fixed the bug, now the tank accelerates like it should. Someone just has to fix the other remaining problems before it can be released.

Min
F.U.B.A.R.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sticks

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did the math on this. Let's say there's 6 games in progress. This amounts to 1500 characters (bits) being pulled. If one person hits the tracker every five seconds, that amounts 18kb per minute, 1.08mb per minute, 25.92mb per 24 hour period. That amounts to 3.24mB per tracker per 24 hour period.
jhood

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wrong. For starters, 1,500 chars take up an equal amount of bytes, not bits. Second, not even boro would refresh the tracker for a full game list every five seconds for an entire day and if warpig coded this thing to poll that quick, I hope it times out after a few minutes of inactivity.

As long as Iím thinking out loud here: itís amazing how fubar couldnít be more clueless and yet heís so quick to offer advice to people who are trying to seriously choose how they allocate time between daily life and WinBolo. Perhaps someone could mention to fubar (on a third-grade level, of course) that the right thing to say or do isnít always included in the first thought that comes to mind and that nobody is willing to code upgrades just to please him.

As for the min/nemo thing, coding new features into separate forks with final votes as to what gets put into WinBolo itself sounds like an amicable solution for everyone: min codes what he wants, nemo gets to vote and John just releases the resulted code.

So, thoughts?
F.U.B.A.R.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if your so involved hood, y dont u do it. i simply asked min if he would pick it up again, nothing more nothing less. never have i ordered or told anyone what to do with there time because in the end its not up to me. just a request hood, i didnt know i needed permission from you to say anything.

as for the Min/Nemo thing, Nemo actually asked my advice on the situation and i gave him my opinion.

ya know what? they made up fine so why dont u mind your own business?

sounds to me like u have no idea what your talking about when it comes to my life and my dealings with bolo.

the only thing im clueless about is coding, im the first to say im a computer idiot. but this dont mean i have nothing to contribute to winbolo.

your post said nothing anyone does not already know.

your very observent for someone that dont even play anymore.

btw, the 3rd grade comments are nice. feel free to pick apart my grammar and spelling hiding the real issue.

your very well versed in manipulating people. talk all the shit u want. u dont bother me.
jhood

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iím not good at spelling or grammar either, so the "real issue" I have with you is that youíre a cretin that stopped evolving sometime before finishing high-school and so you have no real understanding of what it takes to fill the expectations youíre placing on the people you want to code bug fixes in the game you randomly play just to waste time.

Boo-yah!

And yeah, Iím not saying anything that everyone doesnít already know.
F.U.B.A.R.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
the "real issue" I have with you is that youíre a cretin that stopped evolving sometime before finishing high-school and so you have no real understanding of what it takes to fill the expectations youíre placing on the people you want to code bug fixes in the game you randomly play just to waste time.

hood, this has nothing to do with winbolo. my education has nothing to do with winbolo. hate to brake this to u but not everybody spends all the time fucking with codes, computer languages, programming, or things of this sort. i stated i knew nothing of this stuff.

just to be clear, im not placing any expectations on coding this shit. before the min,nemo tiff everything seemed to be going fine. and, i was asked to play the version to "help" with fixes and shit. yes, i play winbolo and it consumes a large part of my free time. whats your point?

y are u commenting on a game u no longer play or care to help fix?

hood, your just a hater man. your soul purpose is to hate on me, talk about my education, or what i do with MY free time.

thats fine. just makes u look stupid.

i am what i am u ain't gotta like me.

i dont really give a fuck about anything u have to say. as im sure u feel the same way.

how bout this, u worry about your life and ill fuck with mine? that sound simple enuff for u?

or do i have to pull out the fuckin dictionary and look up "big words" for u to understand?

how bout binary code?

-Fube-
jhood

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
not everybody spends all the time fucking with codes, computer languages, programming

So itís cool to badger Min - who was already sort of overwhelmed and coding everything himself - to continue fixing things that you and 'more kids in here' deemed necessary, on the grounds that you just donít know to code?

Cool beans..
F.U.B.A.R.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im not badgering dude, just stop.

im sure Min is not taking it that way. only u.

anyway, im done responding to your post.

have a nice life hood.
ÜDSÜ

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

comedy... pure comedy...
Min

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jhood wrote:
As for the min/nemo thing, coding new features into separate forks with final votes as to what gets put into WinBolo itself sounds like an amicable solution for everyone: min codes what he wants, nemo gets to vote and John just releases the resulted code.

So, thoughts?

Well, actually. This is how its going to go. My fork, my rules. I code whatever I want, and I release it myself. I choose what goes into my fork. And I release my code. You guys can play with my fork, or you guys can play with the main winbolo fork. Your choice. If you code something interesting on the main fork, I may duplicate/copy it into my fork if I decide its worth something. Anyone who wants to code on my fork is more than welcome to, but they follow my rules. Simple.

Seems a bit crappy, and wasn't my first choice, but that's the way its going to go. If anyone has an opinion about what I should be doing, they can simply talk to me about it, nicely, respectfully, and it will be fully considered.

Doesn't matter too much though, its going to be quite awhile before I work on winbolo again anyways.

before there is too much sniveling about how I'm trying to get power or some other bs, with power comes responsibility, and inconvenience, a whole lot of inconvenience, I don't want that responsibility, or inconvenience, and power in this community is a joke, oh noes! I have control over how 10 guys play the game!!! gasp!!! ... All I want is control over myself, and this is the only way I'm going to get it.

Min
F.U.B.A.R.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

u guys can code your forks all u want.

i think the future lies with coding spoons.

if u guys want to connect with my spoon thats fine, spork it is.

but its my rules.

Mins fork ^^^

Fubes' spoon ^^^^^^

The Revolution !!

winbolo rejoice!
Nemokrad

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Min wrote:

Well, actually. This is how its going to go. My fork, my rules. I code whatever I want, and I release it myself. I choose what goes into my fork. And I release my code. You guys can play with my fork, or you guys can play with the main winbolo fork. Your choice. If you code something interesting on the main fork, I may duplicate/copy it into my fork if I decide its worth something. Anyone who wants to code on my fork is more than welcome to, but they follow my rules. Simple.

Min, lets not sugar coat it here. You are forking Elvis' project because you don't want the inconvienence of having to deal/work with anyone else. You want the "power" to call the shots, end of story, because you won't have it any other way. You can downplay it, and call it whatever you want, but that's the truth of the matter because that's what you said in different words. I find it disappointing but obviously not surprising. It is unfortunate considering the time Elvis spent putting together the community project, but I will still bid you good luck sir!

Last edited by Nemokrad on Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Acro

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fube, I kinda like that sp0rk. Send me one Priority Mail.
Min

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nemokrad wrote:
Min, lets not sugar coat it here. You are forking Elvis' project because you don't want the inconvienence of having to deal/work with anyone else.

And now you quite miss the point completely. I don't mind working with other people at all, I enjoyed working with sticks in fact. I just don't like working with you. You obviously don't understand at all how open source works, these sorts of arguments are a nature of the design. Once a popular fork takes flight, people work on it, next time someone has a disagreement, they fork that code, and work on their fork, etc.

But at this point you forget that no one else is working on it, no one else is going to work on it anytime soon.

This project is open source, and sorry to say it, but its no longer elvis's project. He can't take it back, he can't put it back in a bag and zip it up. Its open source now. I can do whatever the hell I want with it. And frankly there is nothing you can do or say about that. Except snivel, your very good at sniveling.

Min
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Winbolo.net Forum Index -> Development All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: