UsergroupsUsergroups
RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile

Community

Tournament!!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
skywalker

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 12:09 pm    Post subject: Tournament!! Reply with quote

I had planned on waiting a week or so to see what type of replies I got from my post; however, there seems no reason to wait that long. With over 200 views and several replies in less then three days I think everyone wants a tournament. I, along with the help of other community members will begin organizing the tournament. I have contacted some other winboloers for help on the tournament site. As far as rules will go, I am still weighing the pros and cons of previous tournaments to make my conclusion. One thing I can say for sure is that this will be a 1x1 tournament, there will be no team games. It will move as fast as it can too, because last time interest fizzled out. The biggest problem is availability of players. So, I am trying to come up with a solution for this problem. Any suggestions would be great. Also anyone that is willing to help on the website layout is more than welcome to lend a helping hand. i am excited about this and I can tell from people's reactions I'm not alone. This isn't going to be easy; therefore, any and all help I can get I would appreciate. Don't be afraid to send me an e-mail, instant message, or pm me. Thats all I can say for now.

Sky
Saiyan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great. It looks like we are going to have a wonderful tournament. If you need any help just ask me, sky. I am looking forward to this tournament with great interest. I hope I will be around to play in it.
skywalker

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saiyan wrote:
Great. It looks like we are going to have a wonderful tournament. If you need any help just ask me, sky. I am looking forward to this tournament with great interest. I hope I will be around to play in it.

Well, Saiyan, I do need help. I have tried contacting Elvis to see if wbn could be used for the tourney sign ups and the bracket layout for who plays who and advances. I have heard nothing back from Elvis yet, I just think it would be easier. However both Bthunder and JHood have offered a place on their sites which would be great, just take longer. So, be patient community, I'm working on this with other winboloers help. As I said don't be afraid to lend a helping hand

Sky
Elvis

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know how much help WBN could be. I can post items about it on the news page if you'd like to enourage people to signup or view results. Possibly even host static pages, although the turn around time to put them up may be a lot longer then you'd like.

Handling creation and management of tournaments is planned for WBN however that is a "one day" item.
skywalker

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 10:22 am    Post subject: Black is beautiful Reply with quote

well, as far as the tournament is going BThunder is working on the site. LRL has let BT work on .us Also Wonka and Jhood will probably be helping BT on the site. If anyone is good with php? or asp. BT needs help in that area. The reason is, is that we would like to know the availibilty of players to see when the best time to schedule the tournament is. I am trying to improve on the biggest problem of most tournaments, which becomes the lack of interest. Underdog gave me some great ideas and advice. I also looked at the old IBL rules to see how that went. As I said before anyone that can help please do. The more minds and hands we have working on the tournament I think the better. Send me an e-mail or Bthunder.

Sky
skywalker

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 10:30 am    Post subject: oh yeah Reply with quote

If any of you have a beef with LRL or whatever, I hope that doesn't stop you from going to .us to sign up for the tounament when that page is finished. I'm sure it won't but who knows nowadays, with people like ren being all poopy pants etc etc. Twisted Evil

Sky
skywalker

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 10:37 am    Post subject: BThunder has begun work Reply with quote

Bthunder has started on the layout and animations of the tournament webpages. Just recently Pyscho showed me some of his previous work on websites and will be helping BThunder with php. Underdog will be giving me advice, since he was the last to try running a tournament. The web page will have sign ups, the players availibility, their contact information, and the player will also be able to chose what skill level they think they have. The tournament will be single round elimation; however, losing players will have the opportunity to play other losers round robin style as Wonka suggested. Other than the losers bracket the tournament will go just like NCAA College Basketball play-offs. I am still thinking of ideas of what to do when two players cannot find the time to play one another. Suggestions??? A window of time has been the best suggestion, but I'm sure someone will still get screwed somehow. Well, I need your help and suggestions community, so let me know. It would be nice to get input from some of the vets, that maybe have experience in IBL or other tournaments.

Sky

http://www.winbolo.us/~Bthunder/
Q-mandabomb

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

umm......only 32 players? sorry, but i don't like that idea.
Jay the Speeding Ray

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe if players dont show up then they get 'penalty points' or something
penalizing like that. Also, maybe some of the players in the tourny could record with camtasia or something to put vids on the internet.

Deal with it, you sissies.
skywalker

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Q-mandabomb wrote:
umm......only 32 players? sorry, but i don't like that idea.

I doubt anything close to 32 players will even happen.

Also, sorry for the delay but Bthunder and Psycho have midterms etc etc. The website is outta my hands. Feel free to e-mail me or BT. btw my e-mail address is OrioninMs@aol.com. I can't change it on my acount so....
lemme know whats up

Sky
Divine_knight

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that i am back, i would love to have a tournament. Maybe we could have 1x1 battles, or how about teams and the winning team will have to fight each other at the end. The winning one should get 1000 to every stat on the page, Second should get 500 to each stat, and third should get 500 to one catogorie stat. All the people in the winning team should all get 200 to every stat befor one of them is pronouced the winning person.

This tournment should happend every year. Another thing to talk about is teams. Should all our names be put into a seperator or should the best player/s choose the teams ex: LRL chooses someone. The Bluesnake chooses someone, and so on.

To sum it up, i would love to join this tounrament, but i have to go to school, so would there be a way to have it after 4 o'clock?

Another Question is would the games be timed? Or would the team/player have to get everything. An what about ties? Please respond.
Mad Scout

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I WANT IN!!!!

last time a tournament was attempted was like january or so, before WBN came out. I was doing pretty good in the tournament before it got cancelled due to lack of participation Evil or Very Mad

where do we sign up and stuff??
Divine_knight

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got another idea. There should be a page devoted to the tounament. That would be alot cooler. And for the sign-ups, there should be 4 captians. If you want to be on there team, you click on a emety square like this
Team leader at the top.
LRL Bluesnake Acro
PGM Divine_knight -----------
Madd Maxx Mad Scout --------------
------------ --------------- -------------------

This is just an example but the lines you woul click on. There would be a message sent to the team leader (the person at the top) and he would allow or reject the request of joining.

Another good thought is to have the times of the tounrnamets on the same page. It would show when the game starts, what map it would be (so us avarage people can train) and what team plays what team.
Q-mandabomb

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

btw divine, its pmg not pgm. lol. i wanna tourney too yayyyyy!!!!! Shocked Very Happy
Divine_knight

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my bad, sorry pmg, and my example screwed up to
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Winbolo.net Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: